All Current Pirate Related Chat In Here
Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Bandscan

Post by Dave » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:11 am

mix fm wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:03 pm
im in brum, never picked up bcmr...birmingham city music radio??
Black Country Music Radio.

So hardly surprising...

gemgem
Forum User
Forum User

Post by gemgem » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:34 am

mix fm wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:03 pm
im in brum, never picked up bcmr...birmingham city music radio?? & i think you need to do a new band scan, silk city ? hot & sting kriss & distinct are on, citybeats wont be around long, pirate radio in brum very disapointing has been for about 3 years ago, people move on etc....
Yes on previous posts he’s been able to pick up silk city and they was brum based so how can’t he pick up hot and kriss? When everybody else can? That was my point. How do you know 90.2 won’t last let’s give them a chance they have more chance then distinct as offcom have it in for them.somebody's on 108 also apparently but I can’t hear it in Coventry

Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Dave » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:16 pm

So this 108 thing...

About 1.30pm I was sat in the car wash at Waitrose in Wolverhampton and thought I'd have a go. I was getting two things fighting it out - something playing Bon Jovi (Livin on a prayer) on a loop, and a dead carrier that occasionally made a pop noise....

Also, nice signal from Distinct with RDS on 99.7 and something really weak on 90.2 that could have been anything.

Dunno what else was on, ran out of time...

midlandsfirst
Forum User
Forum User

Post by midlandsfirst » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:23 pm

gemgem wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:48 am
midlandsfirst wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:55 am
108 was alternating between reggae and dead carrier earlier today. No announcements or id heard
So you can get BCMR and 108 but not hot 92 or 90.2 or kriss? That makes no sense at all your called midlands first you can hear BCMR that means your in brum and you have posted several times before that you can receive hot , silk city, distinct etc so how can you not receive hot 92. It can receive BCMR? 😂 are you retarded or disabled or just a full time racist cunt?
You seem to have an issue with my post for some reason.

I have picked up Hot 92 etc in the past, however at present i cannot.

That may be because I had a better aerial in the past whereas now i don't as I do not listen to anything on FM anymore, the only times I ever use FM is to provide band scans for this site.

It may be because the station has moved location or changed power.

It may be ive moved house since that last post you quote.

It could be the radio I currently have is not as sensitive as the one I had when Silk City were last on.

There are lots of reasons it could be I cannot pick up what I could before. It doesn't mean I am retarded, disabled or racist.

I am not in Brum, never have been. Anyway BCMR dont mention covering Birmingham at all on their website, they state they cover "South Staffordshire", hence that indicates to me that they are not currently in Birmingham.

Mr Bandit asked for a bandscan, I provided what I could currently pick up. If that isn't good enough then I apologise but its all I can do.

Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Steve Marshall » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:11 pm

gemgem wrote:
midlandsfirst wrote:
108 was alternating between reggae and dead carrier earlier today. No announcements or id heard
So you can get BCMR and 108 but not hot 92 or 90.2 or kriss? That makes no sense at all your called midlands first you can hear BCMR that means your in brum and you have posted several times before that you can receive hot , silk city, distinct etc so how can you not receive hot 92. It can receive BCMR? 😂 are you retarded or disabled or just a full time racist cunt?
Really ???

:sign :sign :sign

A persons username has nothing to do with their location, the Midlands is a very large area, not "just" Birmingham.

Not being able to pick up Hot 92 doesn't make someone retarded, disabled, or a full time racist cunt either. Very interesting how you have come to that conclusion. Please enlighten me if you could about your thought process, which has brought you to this conclusion, i would love to try and understand it....

midlandsfirst
Forum User
Forum User

Post by midlandsfirst » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Indeed and if the "full time racist cunt" is because the stations he listed were black, then why would I list 108 which is also black music?

gemgem
Forum User
Forum User

Post by gemgem » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:31 pm

Steve Marshall wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:11 pm
gemgem wrote:
midlandsfirst wrote:
Really ???

A persons username has nothing to do with their location, the Midlands is a very large area, not "just" Birmingham.

Not being able to pick up Hot 92 doesn't make someone retarded, disabled, or a full time racist cunt either. Very interesting how you have come to that conclusion. Please enlighten me if you could about your thought process, which has brought you to this conclusion, i would love to try and understand it....
The same reason as when you put up band scans and either don’t list or only have negative things to say about them. Because they play music that you don’t like or associate with doesn’t mean there shit stations or badly run. There on consistently unlike any white run stations in brum ! Not one white station has lasted yet the 3 blacks one have been on consistent for years week in week out seeing the Caribbean community’s around the midlands. And does the B in BCMR not stand for Birmingham I’m confused? What does it matter what there website says wherever they transmit from there signal is shit and cannot be heard anywhere so they might as well stay off !

gemgem
Forum User
Forum User

Post by gemgem » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:33 pm

Steve Marshall wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:11 pm
gemgem wrote:
midlandsfirst wrote:
Really ???

From your previous posts and the way you describe the black stations in brum I’d say your the deeper racist the sort of guy who says I got black friends but doesn’t !

gemgem
Forum User
Forum User

Post by gemgem » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:37 pm

Dave wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:16 pm
So this 108 thing...

About 1.30pm I was sat in the car wash at Waitrose in Wolverhampton and thought I'd have a go. I was getting two things fighting it out - something playing Bon Jovi (Livin on a prayer) on a loop, and a dead carrier that occasionally made a pop noise....

Also, nice signal from Distinct with RDS on 99.7 and something really weak on 90.2 that could have been anything.
Dunno what else was on, ran out of time...
One of the 108.0 is mar 108 from Liverpool pushing out some massive Xmas signal ! Must be 500w at least I heard it clear on the m1 Plato g rock and roll! There also on 87.5 as far as I know run by some old guy Merseyside I’ve heard them before on 87.5 at Easter hitting out 100 miles clear

Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Dave » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:04 pm

gemgem wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:37 pm
One of the 108.0 is mar 108 from Liverpool pushing out some massive Xmas signal ! Must be 500w at least I heard it clear on the m1 Plato g rock and roll! There also on 87.5 as far as I know run by some old guy Merseyside I’ve heard them before on 87.5 at Easter hitting out 100 miles clear
That Bert Williams guy from MAR has some fucking balls, I remember the big signals on AM a few years back.

Finish work for Christmas Tuesday, it'll be good to have time to listen to some stuff :-)