Radio Caroline to stock New Book 'Broadcast Brothers; On The Radio'

All Current Pirate Related Chat In Here
Jakeburnside1

Radio Caroline to stock New Book 'Broadcast Brothers; On The Radio'

Post by Jakeburnside1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:36 pm

I’m delighted to say that Radio Caroline has decided to make our book, ‘Broadcast Brothers: On The Radio’ available through their web shop. Not only that, but station manager Peter Moore has been kind enough to write a foreword on the radio Caroline website, which goes as follows;

Foreword by Peter Moore, Manager, Radio Caroline

'Steve and Paul Jenner are two brothers with different skills, combined to advantage. Underneath they are very much alike, indeed their book is a joint effort.

Briefly involved in pirate radio but not being present when the station was raided they discovered, as did Radio Caroline, that it was possible to buy a radio licence and broadcast legally albeit briefly. While Caroline used these events to fly the flag and threw them together like a mad hatter’s tea party, Steve and Paul planned their many broadcasts in minute detail with the intention that one day they would have a full time commercial radio licence.

In the attempt, they drove themselves to mental and physical exhaustion, particularly when being turned down for a licence they deserved to win. After thinking that maybe it was time to give up, they dug in to their last reserves of effort and by the slimmest of margins over other bidders won a licence for the last part of the UK not yet served by a commercial station. This of course begs the question. What happened next ?…'

Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Radio Caroline to stock New Book 'Broadcast Brothers; On The Radio'

Post by Dave » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:06 pm

Go on then... I need something to make a upcoming ten hours flight a bit more entertaining :-)

Jakeburnside1

Post by Jakeburnside1 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:26 pm

Cheers, Dave! Ideal long haul flight fodder! Really hope you enjoy it.

Happy travels

Steve

Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Dave » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:49 pm

Had a quick flick through, and it looks like it'll keep me busy for a while!

Quick delivery too.

Jakeburnside1

Post by Jakeburnside1 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:34 am

Great - thanks for the feedback. I hope it helps the journey pass and that you are good at suppressing giggles....!