RIP Kerrang Radio 105.2

All your radio discussions in here. Feel free to talk about anything you like.
Mark
Forum User
Forum User

RIP Kerrang Radio 105.2

Post by Mark » Thu May 23, 2013 5:18 pm

Kerrang Radio to close with immediate effect to be replaced by Planet Rock.
http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/ ... m-station/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

midlandsfirst
Forum User
Forum User

Re: RIP Kerrang Radio 105.2

Post by midlandsfirst » Thu May 23, 2013 6:19 pm

Personally I welcome this as a rock fan, PR is by far the better station - no coldplay and other indie shite like Kerrang have played (and it means i can listen in stereo again instead of the shitty 80k mono DAB signal)

14th of June is the switchover according to Radio Today

Full details from Radio Today -

Bauer Media will replace the output of Kerrang! Radio in the West Midlands with that of newly acquired digital station Planet Rock.

The move means no programmes will come from Birmingham with some redundancies being made to the programming team who currently provide local output.

105.2FM will turn into a relay of Planet Rock from London but will retain local adverts sold locally.

Bauer Media is taking advantage of the Digital Economy Act 2010 which allows a regional FM station to drop all local programmes if it has national DAB coverage.

Kerrang! Radio will continue in a different form online and on a number of local DAB slots but will be operated from London and will be re-aligned to match the magazine and television channel.

It’s part of a number of changes which also sees MOJO getting a slot on Planet Rock as MOJO Rocks’ presented by MOJO editor-in-chief Phil Alexander, and will air every Saturday night between 7pm and 10pm starting on 15th June.

The last day of programmes from Lionel Street will be June 14th.

Steve Parkinson, Managing Director, Bauer Radio London, said: “We are very excited about the opportunities offered through greater synergy of our three national rock brands – Kerrang!, MOJO and Planet Rock.

“Each brand has massive potential to grow and cross-promote through its own particular passion for the genre of rock music. We believe listeners will be excited about the enhancements we have planned for these much-loved brands.

“At the same time there will be increased opportunities for commercial partners to engage right across the UK’s community of rock music fans across key platforms of radio, print, TV, online and events.”

What will be interesting is if they buy (as rumoured) Absolute and Real XS as this will then give Planet Rock FM in London, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow besides their National DAB mono frequency....

I'm also guessing that the DAB Kerrang will become an automated jukebox...

Steve

Martin Davies
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Martin Davies » Thu May 05, 2016 10:03 pm

Where have you been for the past few months?

Planet Rock has now been replaced by Absolute (crap) ...

To be honest I preferred PR to K, as the playlist wasn't as restricted. The guest presenters were good too.

midlandsfirst
Forum User
Forum User

Post by midlandsfirst » Fri May 06, 2016 1:18 pm

I think its a spammer Martin. Its just a copy of part of my post. Been a proliferation of them which just quote parts of previous posts in reply... No idea why they do that other than to get their signature on which contains a link to their site.

Steve

Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Steve Marshall » Tue May 10, 2016 7:03 pm

midlandsfirst wrote:I think its a spammer Martin. Its just a copy of part of my post. Been a proliferation of them which just quote parts of previous posts in reply... No idea why they do that other than to get their signature on which contains a link to their site.

Steve
Settings changed so new users can't use a signature :-)

sunrise
Forum User
Forum User

Post by sunrise » Wed May 11, 2016 6:52 pm

Cant you change it so new users cant post for 6 months?
The Ted Bundy of Radio Forums.
sunrise wrote: I have the same points of view that I had 10 years ago, and everyone is still entitled to them.