streming on the web

Need Any Kind Of Support ? Here's The Place To Ask.
Post Reply
link fm
Forum User
Forum User
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:53 pm

streming on the web

Post by link fm » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:50 pm

does anyone know of any good web sites to stream music over (web radio) is there any laws against doing a station online iv looked into it and i dont think there is but just want to make sure
Link Fm

User avatar
Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User
Posts: 1348
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 4:18 pm
Location: West Midlands
Contact:

Re: streming on the web

Post by Steve Marshall » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:02 am

www.tidyhosts.com
These people are cheap enough for a shoutcast server which you'll need to stream to.

To be legit, you would need a license to stream music on the web, details of this can be found here http://www.ppluk.com/en/Music-Users/
Image

link fm
Forum User
Forum User
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:53 pm

Re: streming on the web

Post by link fm » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:40 pm

Steve Marshall wrote:http://www.tidyhosts.com
These people are cheap enough for a shoutcast server which you'll need to stream to.

To be legit, you would need a license to stream music on the web, details of this can be found here http://www.ppluk.com/en/Music-Users/
thanks mate will check it out
Link Fm

link fm
Forum User
Forum User
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:53 pm

Re: streming on the web

Post by link fm » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:33 pm

Steve Marshall wrote:http://www.tidyhosts.com
These people are cheap enough for a shoutcast server which you'll need to stream to.

To be legit, you would need a license to stream music on the web, details of this can be found here http://www.ppluk.com/en/Music-Users/
ok iv done that but whats the best broadcaster to input my audio into before it streems im using destiny broadcaster and audio is bad on it
Link Fm

User avatar
Martin Davies
Forum User
Forum User
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:24 am
Location: All at sea

Re: streming on the web

Post by Martin Davies » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:21 pm

I've put together a quick quide / FAQ on how to setup a basic system.


Firstly the streaming host, http://www.tidyhosts.com/shoutcast.asp this is the price list for their service.
64K (OK for a good mono service) is £2 a month for up to 10 listeners at the same time.

Next record the programmes as MP3's - on a PC use something like "Audacity" or "MP3 Recorder" to take audio from the soundcard input and convert it to an MP3 (both free).

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

http://www.thepiratearchive.net/downloads/mp3rec10.zip

and look here for some handy tips http://www.thepiratearchive.net/mp3recording.html

To send the audio stream to tidyhosts you can use WinAmp to play the programmes with the shoutcast plug-in (both free)

http://www.winamp.com/

You can build up a playlist for 6, 12 or 24 hours of programmes and set it to auto repeat.

Finally,

http://www.shoutcast.com/download
(second section of the page describes using a 3rd party host and winamp - full instructuctions)

link fm
Forum User
Forum User
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:53 pm

Re: streming on the web

Post by link fm » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:49 am

Martin Davies wrote:I've put together a quick quide / FAQ on how to setup a basic system.


Firstly the streaming host, http://www.tidyhosts.com/shoutcast.asp this is the price list for their service.
64K (OK for a good mono service) is £2 a month for up to 10 listeners at the same time.

Next record the programmes as MP3's - on a PC use something like "Audacity" or "MP3 Recorder" to take audio from the soundcard input and convert it to an MP3 (both free).

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

http://www.thepiratearchive.net/downloads/mp3rec10.zip

and look here for some handy tips http://www.thepiratearchive.net/mp3recording.html

To send the audio stream to tidyhosts you can use WinAmp to play the programmes with the shoutcast plug-in (both free)

http://www.winamp.com/

You can build up a playlist for 6, 12 or 24 hours of programmes and set it to auto repeat.

Finally,

http://www.shoutcast.com/download
(second section of the page describes using a 3rd party host and winamp - full instructuctions)
thats cool thanks for the help m8 appretiated :D
Link Fm

Post Reply