Forgotten Stations

General Chat
keith rogers
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Forgotten Stations

Post by keith rogers »

Have looked through some old tapes,no longer have recordings of Subway or Bham Greek Radio

keith rogers
Forum User
Forum User

Post by keith rogers »

:skull Re Subway Sounds;
One of their tx sites used to be on the Yew Tree estate in Walsall.

Gary Edwards
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Gary Edwards »

keith rogers wrote:Have looked through some old tapes,no longer have recordings of Subway or Bham Greek Radio
...Ah but what recordings do you have on those old tapes?

Just a quick reminder that we are always on the lookout for old redordings to add to the site.
If anyone can not convert them to MP3 themselves, we can usually arrange collection and return of any tapes, complete with all MP3s burnt onto a CD.

What a service we provide here. ;)

MikeT

Post by MikeT »

Martin Davies wrote:
I remember Subway Sounds as well - about 1984 - I also thought they were an off-shoot of UK Radio / Wulfrun Sound and from Wolverhampton....
Wulfrun? Now that's what I call a forgotten station Martin! Most early 80's stations would probably have had some link with Paul Johnson.

Mike

keith rogers
Forum User
Forum User

Post by keith rogers »

When I have more time I will look through the old tapes,The Bham Greek labelled tape I found had been recorded over.Many of the old pirate programme tapes were not labelled,.

In the early 80s most Wolverhampton pirate output was almost certainly connected to the late Paul Johnson.In the Black Country /Walsall and Birmimngham 81-82 there were at Least three other main operators and a couple of smaller ones. :skull