CB radio?

General Chat
Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Re: CB radio?

Post by Dave »

Clever clever guy that bloke. Came down powerhouse one night, and insisted on coming up the rig site. So - we get in the car, fire up, and he says, "so this an Audi then?"

How the hell he knew that on sound alone I have no idea, but I was very impressed!

link fm
Forum User
Forum User

Post by link fm »

midlandsradio wrote:
mixfm wrote:use to use the handle, grave digger
Now that rings a bell! :popout
Mine back then was Broadsword :ashamed :lol: . It later became 'MJ'
Hello Paul do u remember me spaceman back in the day
Link Fm

link fm
Forum User
Forum User

Post by link fm »

keith rogers wrote:It must be tempting to try out the rigs again.
One reason why I got rid if everything years ago because I know that it would have not stayed in the cupboard for very long without bieng used on air again.
OOr arr me hearties this is captain pugwash signing off. :skull
I remember meeting you for a rig ;)
Link Fm

Sparkgap
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Sparkgap »

Andy Hicks wrote:Jeez, yes, out of fashion in the 80s, but i still tried to get into it. Got bored though.
I used a York 861. Old as fook but brilliant.
Still got an old 863 lying around, plus a few other rigs gathering dust in the attic. Remember visiting an FM station in Ireland who were using a CB converted to 90MHz!!

midlandsradio
Forum User
Forum User

Post by midlandsradio »

link fm wrote:Hello Paul do u remember me spaceman back in the day
Hello mate yes I do remember you :)
Hows things? It must be about 13/14 years ago when I met you, I think I was involved with Groove at the time wasn't I? Then again thinking about it, it might be even longer than that and I might have been on Supreme or Unique!!!

Gawd, I feel old now lol :lol:
MJ

DAVE STEVENS
Forum User
Forum User

Post by DAVE STEVENS »

What you mean mj " you feel old " ? Last time I looked you are old lol. Fiver George !
BOO

midlandsradio
Forum User
Forum User

Post by midlandsradio »

lol can't argue with that :lol:
"Done - You have been" ;)
MJ

darkdimension
Forum User
Forum User

Post by darkdimension »

Maycom EM27 with a few mods, handle was King of the hill :) :happy144

MR B
Forum User
Forum User

Post by MR B »

Think the last one I used was a maycom the green screen one no mods just a screwdriver in there to turn the audio up a bit aint been on it for years ive spoken to mj before though probably a few others on here when I was on in Telford ,
lol when I first started on there I was young and keen people had me doing allsorts saying my signal was getting better by wrapping wet string around my mag mount and getting me to dangle the end in a cup of water to keep it moist ,the cup is more than likely still at my moms in here loft lol I got sick of them telling me to keep going up there and wetting the string so I came up with this genius idea to smother my db27 in hair gel lol apparently I was then blowing there windows out 30 over 5 lol ,i was very young in my defense :D

i also once met up with a women who was pretending to be a man and yeah i was convinced lol

dj.jellyfish
Forum User
Forum User

Post by dj.jellyfish »

19 for a roger!!! I started with an old binatone rig before i bought a baby midland lol. sold that on and got a cobra, 25ft high gain silver rod ariel and a kw burner. Had to move the ariel to the chimney tho cause i kept turning my neighbours tv over with it lol. Went by the handle The Jungleist.