Farpoint

General Chat
Gary Edwards
Forum User
Forum User

Farpoint

Post by Gary Edwards »

Farpoint has been added to the stations page today.

We have some recordings but know little else about the station.

The station used to operate for a couple of hours on Saturday and Sunday nights on 107.8 FM during the mid 90s. They played indie and rock music and used to feature details of live music around the Black Country in the gig guide.

Can anyone else provide any information about the station?
Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Farpoint

Post by Dave »

I used to listen to that once in a while.

I remember Mark Johnson telling me it was from the old Queens Cross Blocks.

My memories were it was on for two hours - and always used to sound like it should have been recorded - no phone number, no interaction.

The "close down" show was a 6 hour spectacular - vaguely remember listening to that...
Gary Edwards
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Gary Edwards »

[quote="Dave"]
My memories were it was on for two hours - and always used to sound like it should have been recorded - no phone number, no interaction.

quote]

I know what mean but they did have an address (a P.O. Box) and later on did give out a mobile number.
Mark
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Mark »

I remember Farpoint too, it was good to have a pirate playing something different eg. rock music.
matt_tee
Forum User
Forum User

Post by matt_tee »

I used to try and listen every Friday and Saturday - 6 till 8 I think it was. I remember the sign off tune as well which was really freaky. Good to see some audio on the site as I never thought I'd hear any Farpoint again as I didn't record any for some stupid reason. Had a brilliant signal up here in Stoke, probably as they were from Dudley which usually come through good up here.

<anorak> I have a Farpoint poster and flyer somewhere. If I can dig it out and scan it I can send it to you for uploading on the site </anorak>
Gary Edwards
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Gary Edwards »

matt_tee wrote:<anorak> I have a Farpoint poster and flyer somewhere. If I can dig it out and scan it I can send it to you for uploading on the site </anorak>

That would be great Matt.
All contributions welcome.
We hope to get some more Farpoint audio soon.
Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Steve Marshall »

matt_tee wrote:I<anorak> I have a Farpoint poster and flyer somewhere. If I can dig it out and scan it I can send it to you for uploading on the site </anorak>
Thanks Matt, added today

:happy144
armadillo

Post by armadillo »

I have plenty of Farpoint tapes, but it might be a while before I can get around to encoding them.

I've just about finished encoding my entire back catalogue of County Radio cassettes so hopefully those will be uploaded to the site later this month.
Gary Edwards
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Gary Edwards »

A couple of Farpoint flyers have been added to the Farpoint page this weekend.
matt_tee
Forum User
Forum User

Post by matt_tee »

Gary Edwards wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:00 pm A couple of Farpoint flyers have been added to the Farpoint page this weekend.
:happy144 :drinking