Martin Adams - Martin Kaye

General Chat
Gary Edwards
Forum User
Forum User

Martin Adams - Martin Kaye

Post by Gary Edwards » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:50 pm

More sad news.

Martin Adams, or Martin Kaye to some of you, sadly passed away on Monday of this week.

He had been ill for some time with C.O.P.D.

The funeral will be held in Wrexham on Wednesday 18th March. I can post more details when I get them.

Martin was heavily involved in the pirate Sunshine Radio in Ludlow both on-air and running the sales side.

He worked at the legal version in 1992 before moving to a similar position at Radio Maldwyn where he stayed until he retired.

Steve Marshall, myself and others had many a night on the lash with Martin and they were legendary nights. There was always a tale to tell the next morning, many of which I still re-tell to this day.

I'm off to the pub tonight....I may have a Scotch....

Louise

Re: Martin Adams - Martin Kaye

Post by Louise » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:11 am

Thanks for the post regarding the sad news about Martin. I remember him fondly and he was part of the family in the early Sunshine Radio days. He and my Dad had a lot of fun (and whisky!) broadcasting from our various sunshine studios. Memorable, happy times indeed.

stevemarshallradio

Re: Martin Adams - Martin Kaye

Post by stevemarshallradio » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:52 pm

Sorry to hear about Martin, such a lovely fella well remember him and Graham at the start of Sunshine 855. Also remember the many nights out too. Martin loved his Whiskey and Wine too.

May he rest in peace