All Current Pirate Related Chat In Here
Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Dave »

playing back to back dance now - strongish at the Stewponey (as well) held up well back to Bridgnorth.

Deffo 92.3 - so not Dance Asia, unless they've changed their plans

danceasiafm
Forum User
Forum User

Re: 92.3

Post by danceasiafm »

ok so this is whats killing us out.
who ever it is needs to stop messing about obviously got a major problem to stick on a transmitter 1 digit away.
if not will get outa hand just staying.
rather not another pirate war, dti is enough. :skull

sunrise
Forum User
Forum User

Post by sunrise »

It could be said that frequency wasn't yours in the first place.

Did you ask anyone before you used it?
The Ted Bundy of Radio Forums.
sunrise wrote: I have the same points of view that I had 15 years ago, and everyone is still entitled to them.

danceasiafm
Forum User
Forum User

Post by danceasiafm »

who said i need to ask any one?

as far as im concerned the fm band is not owned by any one.
in birmingham if someone claims to own that frequency they should step up and we will sort it nicely without a problem.

HecticDJ

Post by HecticDJ »

Speedy's right, how are you going to broadcast on 92.3 when 92.4 was there before you, lool haters man and what dumb idiot would do that when they know that there's a station on the frequency, your Ariels coming down

sunrise
Forum User
Forum User

Post by sunrise »

speedy wrote:who said i need to ask any one?
as far as im concerned the fm band is not owned by any one.
The person on 92.3 might feel exactly the same way. What makes you special? Nothing. Now do you see why I wouldn't help you?
HecticDJ wrote:Speedy's right, how are you going to broadcast on 92.3 when 92.4 was there before you, lool haters man and what dumb idiot would do that when they know that there's a station on the frequency, your Ariels coming down
People were also on 92.4 and 92.3 before you, and you've only been around a fortnight.
HecticDJ wrote:your Ariels coming down
This is no need for anything like that on this forum.
Last edited by sunrise on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Ted Bundy of Radio Forums.
sunrise wrote: I have the same points of view that I had 15 years ago, and everyone is still entitled to them.

Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Steve Marshall »

speedy wrote:in birmingham if someone claims to own that frequency they should step up and we will sort it nicely without a problem.
Thats the way to do it yes, i agree.
HecticDJ wrote:Speedy's right, how are you going to broadcast on 92.3 when 92.4 was there before you, lool haters man and what dumb idiot would do that when they know that there's a station on the frequency, your Ariels coming down
As already pointed out to you, your signal does not come over this way at all, yep there is no sign of it whatsever. The other station on 92.3 would therefore have no idea at all that you even exist!

If someone was to scan their dial and find a clear frequency (which i presume is just what you've done), which i will hasen to add 92.3 is over this way, then good luck to them. Jumping on someone elses frequency isn't really the done thing, but if you can't get the other station, whats the problem???

From your posts i'm presuming you are south Birmingham? If so this other station is at least a good 20 miles from you and as i already said, you don't get over this way at all.

Problem solved as far as i see it.

DAVE STEVENS
Forum User
Forum User

Post by DAVE STEVENS »

hi all... very intresting thread :rolleye . heres the way i see it ..

1, 92.4 is basically none existant on this side of dudley, even on the top of turners hill you can only just about hear 92.4 :confused

2, i heard 92.3 this weekend and ive heard it for about the past 4 months on the occasional weekend. i have also had a little drive around and monitored the strength of 92.3 and as soon as you cross the cousins island at the top of dudley... its gone.. :? so therefor you have a definate cut off point wich stops either one effecting each other.

3, why dont we all get on and stop bitching and threatening each other when the two frequencies dont even come close to effecting each other. at the moment we are hard pushed to find anyone whos got the balls to put a signal out so personally i dont see any issue at all.

all i can say is good luck to 92.4 & 92.3 ,,,,theres no clash on air so why should there be a clash of air :happy144

love u all :drinking
BOO

midlandsradio
Forum User
Forum User

Post by midlandsradio »

That attitude should win you loads of friends in the pirate radio community! :rolleye
As people have already pointed out, the signal on 92.4 is that weak the other station probably don't even know your there! I have a Diamond X300 co-linear aerial mounted at about 25ft that I use for FM band receiving and I can only just about hear Dance Asia in Dudley (I'm also on high ground with a clear line of sight towards Birmingham), so what chance has another station further out got of hearing you on a normal radio setup? I would say none!

Just to give you an idea, I've heard pirates from Nottingham stronger than I can pick up Dance Asia here at the moment, thats not a criticism I'm just pointing it out to give you the idea why another station might not even be aware your there!

Anyway Speedy has already said
speedy wrote:as far as im concerned the fm band is not owned by any one.
Indeed, and that cuts both ways remember! It sort of conflicts with some of the later posts in this thread about aerials coming down though!
speedy wrote:In birmingham if someone claims to own that frequency they should step up and we will sort it nicely without a problem.
The best way of doing things without a doubt, but shame it got spoilt later with threats of aerials being ripped down. :shock:
MJ

midlandsradio
Forum User
Forum User

Post by midlandsradio »

HecticDJ wrote:how are you going to broadcast on 92.3 when 92.4 was there before you
Ask a daft question and I'll give you a daft answer.....

How?....
Step 1 - Build big dirty 200watt TX on 92.3;
Step 2 - Place big dirty TX along with relevant aerials on top of tower block or other similar high point;
Step 3 - Flick the switch that says On/Off to the 'On' position;
Step 4 - Broadcast on 92.3 and wait for HecticDJ to rip the aerials down :lol:

Sorry I couldn't resist giving the daft answer :oops: :waving
MJ