hot 92 & sting dem 97.5

All Current Pirate Related Chat In Here
mixfm
Forum User
Forum User

hot 92 & sting dem 97.5

Post by mixfm »

the transmitters both these stations use are very low audio. must be using small horn or they havent got audio controll on the studio side, audio quality is very flat & very low, also unless they are using the net side of things to link, someone needs to get audio side of thing sorted. a good rig builder, in the west midlands, not all them in london, :ashamed birmingham aint the best for stations nowdays, very few here at the mo, rds & stereo encoders are a thing of the past here. london allmost every station using rds, even eon, & more choice of pirates to listen to.... :pirate

Danny B
Forum User
Forum User

Re: hot 92 & sting dem 97.5

Post by Danny B »

Apparently the DTI or government are putting a block of some sort so that no pirates can go on FM. So if there is a gap between two legit stations there will be no pirates allowed on there to broadcast. This maybe pure speculation as it seems its just a story on facebook and other various different forums but if its true then surely it spells the end for pirate radio? its so much easier to go online now and its free, no hassle and your on the air in minutes theres no real preperation needed. Shame though as I used to love scanning FM to see if there is any activity, I dont know why this country is obsessed with going digital. Perhaps if all the legit station piss off onto DAB the pirates can fill up on FM somehow, who knows.

midlandsradio
Forum User
Forum User

Post by midlandsradio »

Danny B wrote:Apparently the DTI or government are putting a block of some sort so that no pirates can go on FM. So if there is a gap between two legit stations there will be no pirates allowed on there to broadcast.
Nope it's a load of old 'you know what' that rumor is, it's not going to happen.
MJ

sunrise
Forum User
Forum User

Post by sunrise »

Danny B wrote:So if there is a gap between two legit stations there will be no pirates allowed on there to broadcast.
Strictly speaking, the powers that be have never "allowed" pirates on the band, its just a case of leaving them there until the have the intelligence and resources required to remove them, which doesn't happen overnight. And often if a pirate station isn't interfering, broadcasting offensive stuff or generally being a nuisance they will be left until The BBC (as it is now) are ready to take them off.

Pirates are not "leaving" the FM band to use the internet instead, the are 2 completely different ways to broadcast. I think whats happened in brum is that a lot of people that were doing radio 5 years ago simply cant be bothered any more.
The Ted Bundy of Radio Forums.
sunrise wrote: I have the same points of view that I had 15 years ago, and everyone is still entitled to them.