Re: 95.1 kriss4u

Post by farmer »

get a bigger aerial

Pete Thornhill
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Pete Thornhill »

midlandsradio wrote:The internet stream is mp3 64kb/s stereo. Sounds like that's what is being relayed out on the air as well. Would sound a lot better if they went with either aac 64kb/s stereo or mp3 64kb/s mono.
Yeah but here they could get a 128k stereo (or for that matter 128k mono for free to use for the relay here rather than use a 64k stereo stream http://freestreamhosting.org/ - They probs wouldn't be able to intergrate it into their site as it is ads supported so you must go through the link they provide to ensure that the ads are displayed but as a relay stream that would improve the quality or if they could live with using the link they ask you to use they could have upto 1000 slots at up to 128k stereo maximum for free!!! :pirate

Danny B
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Danny B »

I was visiting friends in Birmingham and they had their car radios tuned to Kriss4u. Signal was rubbish in Cannock but if you went up as far as Dudley and into Birmingham it seemed fine. All they seem to play is bassline is that all they do? I only listened on and off quickly. Irie we couldnt pick up at all and I think they were the only pirates that were on when I was up there. Noticed Kriss keeps going off as my friends say sometimes at some parts of the morning they would all of a sudden switch off.

Ryan
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Ryan »

was watching kriss on the webcam this morning and all of a sudden police came into the studio questioning the djs, then music went off and after an hour of silence and police snooping round the studio the cam and stream went off :confused2

Danny B
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Danny B »

Ryan wrote:was watching kriss on the webcam this morning and all of a sudden police came into the studio questioning the djs, then music went off and after an hour of silence and police snooping round the studio the cam and stream went off :confused2
No way! :scared well I heard they do tend to get raided lots so my friends say anyway so must have been another bust then.

Pete Thornhill
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Pete Thornhill »

Ryan wrote:was watching kriss on the webcam this morning and all of a sudden police came into the studio questioning the djs, then music went off and after an hour of silence and police snooping round the studio the cam and stream went off :confused2
Maybe the police thought they had been growing Cannabis again :shock: (oh yeah they knew nothing about the Cannabis factory at the last studio did they :rolleye )

Was it just the police you saw or have offcom had another go?
- Still something on the stream though and if they are off at the moment no doubt they will be back. Gotta admire Kriss for never letting ofcom beat them :pirate

Ryan
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Ryan »

was just police that i saw, been told by the dj that was on at the time that it was just a miss understanding and nothin was taken or anythin

Pete Thornhill
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Pete Thornhill »

Well in that case lets hope they move studios quick the police wont keep quiet :rage

midlandsradio
Forum User
Forum User

Post by midlandsradio »

I assume this is the same story?

If it was a studio i would assume it's been moved by now as it's on the BBC News website.
MJ

Ryan
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Ryan »

yeah sounds like the one as it was about that time when the police were about, the dj told me they never took anythin tho :S