Forum User

Re: Unreal FM

Post by mixfm »

link fm wrote:
oscar wrote:
bushy-0121 wrote:TRANSMISSION RANGE MAINTAINCES
huh?? :?
must be a posh way ov saying moving tx site to some bigger building :D
they wasent that strong in brum. pretty strong in oldbury thou.... must be a low block or a low powerd rig, :pirate

Poozle

Post by Poozle »

they wasent that strong in brum. pretty strong in oldbury thou.... must be a low block or a low powerd rig,
Good signal further west, beyond Kidderminster. Good luck lads

livendirect
Forum User
Forum User

Post by livendirect »

To be far the rig site was not low at all and the rig isn't that low powered really should of been doing a lot better than it was from there but the areal was not above the roof line if it would of been it would of been a different story o well better look next time :winking

DaveBanks
Forum User
Forum User

Post by DaveBanks »

livendirect wrote:To be far the rig site was not low at all and the rig isn't that low powered really should of been doing a lot better than it was from there but the areal was not above the roof line if it would of been it would of been a different story o well better look next time :winking
Whats the point in not getting the aerial above the roof line? Its not going to stop anyone finding you, just will knacker your signal. Somebody needs to learn to install things correctly ;)

Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Steve Marshall »

DaveBanks wrote:
livendirect wrote:To be far the rig site was not low at all and the rig isn't that low powered really should of been doing a lot better than it was from there but the areal was not above the roof line if it would of been it would of been a different story o well better look next time :winking
Whats the point in not getting the aerial above the roof line? Its not going to stop anyone finding you, just will knacker your signal. Somebody needs to learn to install things correctly ;)
:grin1

MidsRush
Forum User
Forum User

Post by MidsRush »

Longer poles? ;)

Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Dave »

On the roof instead of gaffa-ing to the balcony?

midlandsradio
Forum User
Forum User

Post by midlandsradio »

DaveBanks wrote:Whats the point in not getting the aerial above the roof line? Its not going to stop anyone finding you, just will knacker your signal. Somebody needs to learn to install things correctly ;)
This is true, I probably discovered the area the Unreal TX site was located totally by accident when they were on air! One of the afternoons they were having major problems and at the time were broadcasting a very loud buzz, I was listening to Steve Wright on Radio 2 in the car at the time and just as I went past a certain area (not going to say on here for obvious reasons) the loud buzzing clashed with Radio 2 for about 10 seconds. As soon as I drove away from that area, interference stopped.

No i didn't see any aerials anywhere, but it was obvious i was pretty close to the TX site, it takes a lot to interfere with a BBC national station in the West Mids area, in particular when the station causing the interference is 1.9mhz away!!!

It's right though, hiding your aerial will perhaps at best confuse a dumb ass rig theif for a while, it wont stop Ofcom finding it if they want it, and as Unreal have found out it makes a huge difference to the signal.
MJ