Read All About It

All Current Pirate Related Chat In Here
Jakeburnside1

Read All About It

Post by Jakeburnside1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:05 am

Well, what a fortnight it has been in commercial radio. I'd go as far as to say I've never seen anything quite like it and it'll never be the same again; that's probably pretty much 'it' for genuine local commercial radio on anything like scale as far as I can see in this country.

Which gives me no pleasure, really, as I'm speaking as a founding director of two of the last handful of commercial stations in England which could be truly classed as independent and locally owned. I can't help but feel for those who will, undoubtedly, lose their jobs. And it will run into hundreds of people.

And why mention this under 'pirate' then? Well, because my brother and I started out on pirate, on Horizon Radio in Nottingham in the early nineties. I don't think there are that many who have been running commercial stations for over 15 years and will cheerfully admit to having a pirate background.

Not only that but we've written about it all. Our book 'Broadcast Brothers: On The Radio' is out in paperback, which you can check out at www.broadcastbrothers.co.uk or on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/broadcastbrothers106.4/ The paperback is £14.99 but if you can live without the 45+ black and white pictures and actually having a 'real' book, the Kindle version is available on Amazon for only £3.85 (because American folks just won't pay more than five bucks for a Kindle!) at www.amazon.co.uk/Broadcast-Brothers-Ste ... B07L2JBF29 where you'll be able to read the reviews we've had. And if you do order a Kindle, we love an Amazon review!

Thanks to the management of The Pirate Archive for letting me 'get this to air' in front of real enthusiasts for radio. We're doing right well as an autobiography/humour book, but we really want to get this in front of radio people and you don't necessarily succeed in that by topping an Amazon sales chart and selling hundreds of paperbacks.

If you do get to read it, I hope it means something to you. You may well know or have heard of some of the characters in it. You will definitely understand the situations we end up in, the problems we faced, the risks, the laughs......