Long time no speak....

All Current Pirate Related Chat In Here
sunrise
Forum User
Forum User

Long time no speak....

Post by sunrise »

Hello everyone, I've not been around for a while (busy with real life) but after looking at the interent radio in my living room tonight I noticed there are a few of my stored stations that arent on air anymore. I could easily find replacements myself but I wondered what people on here are listening to thesedays, if anything?
I know radio isnt what it was but I still listen to religiously to House Fm from London, Freshradiouk.com, Funky (obviously, despite it being more commercial than when I was there), Kool London, Push, Point Blank and a few others....

Any ideas as to new stations I could replace the now defucnt stations in my presets with?

Discuss...
The Ted Bundy of Radio Forums.
sunrise wrote: I have the same points of view that I had 15 years ago, and everyone is still entitled to them.

sunrise
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Long time no speak....

Post by sunrise »

Or dont discuss, up to you...
sunrise wrote: I have the same points of view that I had 15 years ago, and everyone is still entitled to them.

Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Dave »

Silent Night....

Mark
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Mark »

Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Steve Marshall »

Hi Richie, hope you are good mate :)

There is nothing on air round here anymore, and hasn't been for ages now. I don't think i have even had my FM tuner connected up for the last two years now at least, and never bother doing a band scan in the van. I can do one of those without looking, it goes like this, Hot 92, Sting & Kriss, and that's your lot.

FM is a very sad state of affairs now. I went down to London 18 months ago, and there was plenty of activity down there still, but then there always was wasn't there.

sunrise
Forum User
Forum User

Post by sunrise »

Hello Steve Im good mate you?

Yep its a sorry state of affairs but there you are. Nothing last for ever and it does look like unless your in London that radio is pretty much finished.

Unless you want to listen to boring regurgitated crap on a community licensed station. Which I dont.

Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Steve Marshall »

Yeah i'm all good here mate thanks :)

No i agree, i don't listen to community radio as there is nothing on our local one here to get me even slightly interested.

FM radio, yep London only these days from what i can see, and i doubt there will ever be any good stations coming on up this way. That said, London has always had a whole host of stations, even back in the 80's, when there was pretty much nothing anywhere else in the country. Mind you, the music scene is all based around London anyway isn't it, nothing up here at all.

:(

mix fm
Forum User
Forum User

Post by mix fm »

i agree. jack going on in brum, pirate radio finished around the west mids, the same old, nothing changes, carnt see anything coming on, as people move on, just what offcock wanted, less stress for them,

Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Steve Marshall »

mix fm wrote:i agree. jack going on in brum, pirate radio finished around the west mids, the same old, nothing changes, carnt see anything coming on, as people move on, just what offcock wanted, less stress for them,
Nope, its finished now i think.

With mobile data becoming cheaper and more people getting WiFi radios too, that changes the dynamics as well. Plus FM is radio is no longer the place you tend to hear or discover new music is it, unlike it used to be many years ago

mix fm
Forum User
Forum User

Post by mix fm »

i agree, fm in birmingham is a sad state, plenty of new stations on the net, also tunein is a heaven sent to smart phones ..