89.6 - Altar Ego

All Current Pirate Related Chat In Here
Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Re: 89.6 - Altar Ego

Post by Steve Marshall »

mix fm wrote:got them here, 89.6 in rds... altarego. been asked to do a show soon,
Record it when you do it then and don't forget to share :winking

ilovedoublestacks
Forum User
Forum User

Post by ilovedoublestacks »

Heard at nec earlier bit of a clash with the 89.7 station they both sound like legals.also heard several other pirates.good to see

Gary Brenton
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Gary Brenton »

I have had the same problem - 89.6 & 89.7 clashing... however BCMR (89.7) in my area are wiping out Altar Ego due to me obviously being in the BCMR TSA range. I believe BCMR have moved frequency (for the umpteenth time in 2 years) to 89.4 to avoid clashing with Altar. :? Not sure if this is a temporary or permanent move again... I have nothing against Altar Ego...but do OTHER stations ever check to see if certain, or nearby frequencies are actually occupied? :confused

Mike
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Mike »

BCMR have a range of about 2 miles so I doubt Altar Ego would be aware of their existence as they're much further away!

midlandsfirst
Forum User
Forum User

Post by midlandsfirst »

The problem is that BCMR have proved themselves in the past to be an easy target. Whenever someone has come on near them, they have moved. In these days of very few clear frequencies, any station could be forgiven to thinking "well we'll pop on that one, BCMR will move within a couple of days and then its ours" (not that i'm suggesting in the slightest any station has). You don't see any station coming on 91.9, 94.1, 97.4, 99.3 or 99.6 do you? Thats because they know they wouldn't stand a chance. The likes of Hot, Sting, Distinct etc arent going to run with their tails between their legs to a different frequency. BCMR have proved in the past that they do. It's got so bad now that its rumoured Camelot are looking to introduce a new lottery draw based on their frequency for this week's broadcasts...

They come across as the travellers of the FM dial. Occupy an empty space, wait to be evicted then move to another empty space.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ilovedoublestacks
Forum User
Forum User

Lol well ok im not from birmingham so i wouldnt know.alter ego seemed better before birmingham but was getting some nice coverage as was 92.0 .moving dials alot seems pointless its like starting all over again i suppose.

midlandsfirst
Forum User
Forum User

Post by midlandsfirst »

ilovedoublestacks wrote:Lol well ok im not from birmingham so i wouldnt know.alter ego seemed better before birmingham but was getting some nice coverage as was 92.0 .moving dials alot seems pointless its like starting all over again i suppose.
Thats my main problem with them (other than the random scheduling). How many tune in, find they aren't on and just assume they have gone off air and tune back to Radio 2 or whatever they were listening to prior rather than search the dial for them. Personally if they arent on when i am doing a band scan i can't be arsed anymore to look for them.

In 2 years or so, BCMR have used 87.5, 87.6, 87.7. 87.8. 87.9, 89.6, 90.9, 89.7, 89.4 (those are only ones i know of....possibly more)

Admittedly the 87.5-87.9 were always going to be dodgy with RSLs etc, but still.........

Steve

ilovedoublestacks
Forum User
Forum User

Maybe they are just doing it for a hobbie who knows but i agree its unprofessional and pointless.i also heard noize fm 103.4 they sounded nice with nice signal.also i caught 87.7 on the way up on m40 playing sum nice ukg.sum nice music for bank holiday weekend i used to listen to kriss fm many years ago when i lived more local i cannot beleive there still on they was a cowboy outfit back then.lol