Distinct FM is back

All Current Pirate Related Chat In Here
Gary Brenton
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Distinct FM is back

Post by Gary Brenton »

Distinct... you do a good job of entertaining those that appreciate that type of music output... fair play to ya...but ex-pirate jocks (and operators like myself who have been in this for the last 21 years) can see the flaws in your operation - if that makes sense.

Not having a go before...but I can pick up on the most obvious flaws...and just making the situation aware.

I (personally) know exactly which block distinct are from and I will say that less than half of a mile away - the harmonical signals are very bad.

Personally I can't pick up anything that is too bad outside the block in the car....but a friend of mine within the close vicinity has serious harmonical problems on a normal hi-fi system....which makes me wonder what the reception is like on other stations within the block.?...of which then leads to complaints...and then eventual closure by the authorities.

99.7 may be the main frequency...but the spurious off-signals can be heard a few miles away which isn't doing them any favours - just making them aware...and it is up to them to do (or not to do) something about it.

As one poster mentions...if the authorities are going to close a station - they will do... but precautions CAN be made to gain less attention - if that makes sense ;)

Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Steve Marshall »

Had a bit is Distinct on today while out in the van. Quite a good signal overall although a bit patchy when in the Northfield and south east side of Birmingham.

One thing though to the technical person at Distinct "Trial" :grin1

Sort it out hehe

Nice audio though, processing sounds very nice :happy144

Lovely punchy sound but keeping the clarity of the audio at the same time, spot on shame some of the others can't follow your example. I believe a good way to describe it would be well balanced :happy144

distinctfm
Forum User
Forum User

Post by distinctfm »

the "trial" thing sorted now lol

Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Steve Marshall »

distinctfm wrote:the "trial" thing sorted now lol
No its not, just heard it again ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Mike
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Mike »

TRIAL!

Gary Brenton
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Gary Brenton »

Causing serious problems in an around Walsall earlier.... constant spurious signals which are wiping Heart/ BBC WM and Signal 107 off the dial in parts. (localised...but bad enough)

Driving near the Distinct tower block... they are wiping certain stations out badly....and with daily NEW spurious emissions of which tend to fluctuate to different frequencies quite often.

Distinct...I would BIN that rig - BEFORE the authorities do the honours... :roll:

Mike
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Mike »

Maybe your radio is shit? I live close to a couple of stations (one legal and one not) and on one of my radios I get them all over the shop on the dial, also R1 from Sutton on loads of different freqs, but that's just my radio.

For what it's worth I can only pick up distinct on 99.7.

Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Dave »

Huge signal here with no spurious noted. Audio sounds great, and peak level in line with the legals.

Like the pro sounding ad's too.

Ryan
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Ryan »

Gary Brenton sure i've seen that name on DS