Bandscan

All Current Pirate Related Chat In Here
Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Bandscan

Post by Dave »

Cross Street Car Park, Dudley - 720ft

87.7 - Unknown - Playing an advert for Shutdown UK Weekender, Prestatyn, May 2020. (Good)

90.2 - City Beats (Good signal, no RDS)

92.0 - Hot (Signal okay, audio distorted)

92.4 - Vibez (Good)

94.2 - Skyline (weak signal, crap audio)

94.4 - Sting (Good, Stereo)

95.1 - Kriss (Big Signal, crap audio...)

Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Steve Marshall »

Another quick one from Sainsbury's car park in Perton.

94.2 Skyline (ok)
94.4 Sting (back of the set not listenable)
95.1 Kriss (just crap! Distortion)

That's it, back to internet radio :)

livendirect
Forum User
Forum User

Post by livendirect »

Was listening to kriss on way back from work today there audio was rubbish worst i have ever heard from kriss shame really as there one of the longest running station as for sting they really have up'ed there game nice signal and cracking audio in stereo

Mike
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Mike »

Kriss at the moment sounds like they're not using any compression at all. There really isn't any excuse for this when the software to do the job is available for free! Not like times past when a hardware compressor was required. It's also quite muffled so probably no pre-emphasis added.

Sting does sound nice although they have always seemed to understand the technical side of things.

Mr_Bandit
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Mr_Bandit »

Stereotool is free however not all the features are available like rds but compression should work fine.

No need for it.

Mr_Bandit
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Mr_Bandit »

With citybeats you cant get the reception all over hills get in the way but as a station like citybeats thats not distortion because their no1 makes such a difference. I wouldnt listen to distortion.

livendirect
Forum User
Forum User

Post by livendirect »

Mike wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:01 pm
Kriss at the moment sounds like they're not using any compression at all. There really isn't any excuse for this when the software to do the job is available for free! Not like times past when a hardware compressor was required. It's also quite muffled so probably no pre-emphasis added.

Sting does sound nice although they have always seemed to understand the technical side of things.
mike to me honest i no the ower of kriss and he knows hes stuff been in the game a long time i think its just the fact that he may have lost a little interest and the last hardware compressor he had was 6 band multi-band and hes audio was unreal close to the sound of a optimod but i no he used to use stereo tool

livendirect
Forum User
Forum User

Post by livendirect »

Mr_Bandit wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:20 pm
With citybeats you cant get the reception all over hills get in the way but as a station like citybeats thats not distortion because their no1 makes such a difference. I wouldnt listen to distortion.
Vibez 92.4
Sting 94.4

Have the best audio on the band at the moment fact :winking

As for stereo tool the agc doesn't pull up quick enough for my liking

Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Steve Marshall »

What is your fascination with Citybeats Bandit?

We either can't get them because they are too far away from us, or their signal is crap.

Mike
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Mike »

livendirect wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:18 pm
Mike wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:01 pm

mike to me honest i no the ower of kriss and he knows hes stuff been in the game a long time i think its just the fact that he may have lost a little interest and the last hardware compressor he had was 6 band multi-band and hes audio was unreal close to the sound of a optimod but i no he used to use stereo tool
Yeah I was listening to a tape on here not long ago of a station called Sunrise which was on 99.7 back in 1992 from Wolverhampton and I think he is the first DJ on that tape, it's in the west midlands misc audio section. Then Dub FM came along which I seem to remember was linked to Sunrise, and maybe Kriss followed, my memory of these stations is a bit hazy though now. I just wonder why not use stereotool again - the signal of Kriss is good but a pity the audio doesn't match it.